Ah, April. If you live in Chicago, we’re still in the middle of winter – or at least, it feels that way. While temperatures are still floating around 50F, I’m still ushering in spring now in both my beauty routine and what’s going into my closet. Check out what I’m loving and using in April – all across the board.
1. Katy Perry’s Katy Kat Matte lipsticks. These lipsticks aren’t available until late May, but I got my hands on the highly coveted new Katy Perry cosmetic (or is it kosmetic?) line ahead of time! These demi-matte lipsticks cut down on shine while making sure your lips don’t dry out. It’s important to realize they are demi-matte, not a true matte, so don’t be confused when there is a slight shine!
2. Slimware Smart Plates. I was a little confused about the concept of these at first and it’s also no secret that I’m terrible when it comes to the kitchen. One thing that I’m definitely guilty of is ignoring portion sizes – something that almost everyone in America struggles with. These plates have elegant, floral designs, but each design is actually a guide to portion control without being obvious. I’ve been using them all month in my kitchen!
3. Marc Jacobs Beauty Glow Stick Glistening Illuminator. I have an incredibly pale skin tone – so finding a highlighter that actually shows up on my complexion (without making me look like a glitter bomb) is a struggle. An editor at The Cut posted an entire article raving about this new illuminating stick from Marc Jacobs, so I tried it in Sephora and bought it immediately. It’s a pale glow, without any flecks of glitter or real color. It even shows up on my skin tone! It’s perfect for a dewy shine.
4. Living Proof Amp Instant Texturizing Voluminzer. Ever since I added a few new layers to my hair, I’ve been looking for the perfect spray, paste, or cream that would give me good texture and volume. There are a ton of texturizing sprays on the market, but they all just felt like hairspray to me. I got this pomade (paste? cream?) at Sephora on a whim, and I’m one day in to using it – and I’m obsessed. It goes on dry hair and gives it instant style!
5. Milk Makeup Eye Vinyl. I’ve been trying to get the shiny-eyelid editorial makeup look forever. But I was always afraid that any product that advertised that look would be a nightmare. Too sticky, too greasy, etc. But I got talked into trying the Eye Vinyl from the newly released Milk Makeup – and it works amazingly. It’s lightweight and stays put. I add false eyelashes and minimal eyeliner for a runway effect!
Shop my favorites below – and let me know if you try anything out!