Winter in Chicago is infamous for being, well, winter in Chicago. The past month has brought temperatures sinking well below freezing, which brings about it’s own hair care challenges. Most of the time I’m worried about protecting against the heat, or hair color, or any number of environmental challenges. I’ve been worried about split-ends and keeping my hair healthy and moisturized all winter, and I’ve pulled together the few things that won’t leave my sink.
1. Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin and Nails. I’ve tried a few different hair supplements and vitamins (thank you, Instagram), but I took the Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin and Nails supplements for roughly a month and I saw a pretty substantial difference in my hair. It didn’t grow inches and inches overnight, but my hair was definitely was more lustrous and I’ve been working on my hair for a year! (and then some) Plus, they’re pretty delicious for vitamin gummies.
2. Volaire Air Magic. I’ve tried the Volaire Air Magic Texturizing Spray, as well as the Volaire shampoo and conditioner. I have a mild obsession with texturizing sprays (there are at least six in my cabinet) and the Volaire Texturizing Spray is one of my new favorites. It doesn’t make my hair feel sticky and there is an invisible hold that lets me style my hair however I’d like.
3. Tigi Bed Head Ego Boost. I worry about my split ends all the time. After coloring my hair so much, I have a split-end or two. (Just a few) It’s necessary for me to have a leave-in conditioner or split-end mender in my routine. I’ve tried a lot of them over the past couple months, but the Bed Head Ego Boost is the best. There is a visible difference immediately and over the past couple months, I’ve seen a bigger difference in my hair.
4. BLEACH Silver Shampoo. This has been a favorite of mine for years. I tone the ends of my hair to a silvery shade by using this every other wash. I recently used my latest trip to London to stock up!
5. IGK Beach Club Texture Spray. I’ve been a huge fan of IGK products recently, and before my last vacation I bought a travel size of this texture spray to take with me. It’s perfect for my hair and all of its layers, it’s become my easiest “one and done” product.
M. F. Husain. A series of his works are at the Art Institute until March 4, and I’d recommend it. ✨… https://t.co/XQ1unSNancFollow
I love going home for a weekend because it consists of my mother asking for the tea on shady comments I’ve made onl… https://t.co/5FVkpW96f2Follow